As far as shocking celebrity antics go, 2008 was a vintage year. It seemed never a week went by without a famous face announcing their pregnancy or inflicting yet another bizarre name on their newborn baby.
There were more make-ups, break-ups, divorces, drugs and alcohol-fuelled nights out than ever before, and this year the stars were desperate to reveal all to their fans.
1. Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman welcomed their first son Max Liron into the world in January, but what does Max's middle name mean in Hebrew?
a) My child
b) My love
c) My song
d) My heart
2. Which rapper's son died in August?
a) Dr. Dre
d) DJ Jazzy Jeff
3. Which member of the 'Desperate Housewives' cast recently denied she was pregnant, saying her rounded tummy was a "food baby"?
a) Eva Longoria
b) Teri Hatcher
c) Felicity Huffman
d) Marcia Cross
4. Which famous actor funds a Scientology school in California?
a) Tom Cruise
b) John Travolta
c) Will Smith
d) Brad Pitt
5. The Fireman is the name of the band featuring producer Youth and which British music legend?
a) Keith Richards
b) Ringo Starr
c) Cilla Black
d) Paul McCartney
6. How much was Heather Mills' divorce pay-out from Sir Paul McCartney?
a) £24.3 million
b) £43.2 million
c) £825 million
d) £125 million
7. Which famous singer has been turning to 'The Simple Life' star Nicole Richie for parenting advice?
a) Ashlee Simpson
b) Britney Spears
c) Jennifer Lopez
d) Christina Aguilera
8. In which month did Isaac Hayes die?
How did Minnie Driver unveil the first photograph of her son Henry?
a) A billboard in New York's Times Square
b) Posting it on her MySpace page
c) Faxing it to the editors of the world's top magazines
d) Cards featuring photographs of the tot
10. Which herb did Australian actress Toni Collette and husband Dave Galafassi name their daughter after?
11. What did Dame Helen Mirren do when she presented Daniel Day-Lewis with his Best Actor Oscar?
a) Knighted him with the statuette
b) Did the tango with him across the stage
c) Kissed him passionately
d) Settled for a handshake
12. When Katie Perry kissed a girl - and liked it - for her number one hit single, how did it taste?
a) Like chewing gum
b) Like cherry chapstick
c) Like banoffee pie
d) Like chicken
13. What injury did Daniel Craig sustain on the set of 'Quantum of Solace'?
a) Sliced off the top of his finger
b) Sprained his ankle
c) Broke his nose
d) Broke his leg
14. Where did Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z tie the knot?
c. Jay Z's New York apartment
d. Beyonce's Malibu mansion
What did Heather Mills throw over Sir Paul?
15. What month did 'X-Files' actress Gillian Anderson give birth to son Felix Griffiths?
What month was Amy Winehouse's husband Blake Fielder-Civil originally released from prison?
17. Which daughter of a famous rock star gave birth to twins in October?
a) Kimberly Stewart
b) Jade Jagger
c) Lisa Marie Presley
d) Stella McCartney
18. What did pop recluse Robbie Williams say he was thinking of quitting the music business to become earlier this year?
a) A Scientologist
b) A UFOlogist
c) A plumber
d) A supermarket checkout assistant
19. Which British actor was arrested in July for allegedly assaulting his mother and sister?
a) James McAvoy
b) Hugh Grant
c) Daniel Radcliffe
d) Christian Bale
20. On what day did Liam Gallagher wed his long-term girlfriend Nicole Appleton?
a) New Year's Eve
b) February 29
c) Christmas Eve
d) Valentine's Day
21. What did Heath Ledger die from, according to his autopsy result?
a) An accidental overdose of illegal drugs
b) An accidental overdose of prescription medications
d) The test results were inconclusive
22. What shape guitars was blues musician Bo Diddley, who died in June, famous for making?
23. How long did Helena Bonham-Carter and Tim Burton wait before choosing a name for their daughter Nell?
a) Three months
b) Five months
c) Eight months
d) Eleven months
24. Guns N' Roses finally released their long awaited 'Chinese Democracy' album this year, earning every US citizen a soft drink in the process, but what brand of soda was it?
b) Dr Pepper
d) Panda Cola
25. What cartoon character was the inspiration for Ashlee Simpson's baby shower?
a) Mickey Mouse
d) Homer Simpson
26. Which classic 80s film has 'High School Musical' star Zac Efron been cast in the remake of?
a) Dirty Dancing
b) The Goonies
27. Where did Mel B renew her marriage vows with husband Stephen Belafonte?
c) Los Angeles
28. How old was 'Jaws' star Roy Scheider when he died?
29. Married Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood ran off with a Russian waitress in July. Where did they go?
30. Which super-villain is Johnny Depp rumoured to be playing in the next Batman film?
a) The Penguin
b) The Riddler
c) The Joker
31. Which American female star met and fell for Prince William during their stay in the UK this year?
a) Jessica Simpson
b) Katy Perry
c) Beyonce Knowles
d) Paris Hilton
32. Britney Spears was rushed to hospital in January after she was found "under the influence of an unknown substance". What did she do as she was wheeled from her home on a stretcher?
a) She began shouting for her sons
b) She stuck two fingers up at waiting paparazzi
c) She was sick
d) She began pulling out her hair
33. Who called off her engagement to businessman Francois-Henri Pinault this summer?
a) Salma Hayek
b) Susan Sarandon
c) Sharon Osbourne
d) Sarah Jessica Parker
34. Who checked into rehab in August to receive treatment for sex addiction?
a) Amy Winehouse
b) David Duchovny
c) Kate Moss
d) Elton John
35. Paris Hilton split from Good Charlotte rocker Benji Madden in November. How long were they together for?
a) Nine hours
b) Nine days
c) Nine weeks
d) Nine months
36. Johnny Depp was paid Hollywood's largest upfront sum to star in the next Pirates of the Caribbean film. How much was it?
a) £28 million
b) £32 million
c) £70 million
d) £100 million
37. Whose boyfriend was jailed shortly after splitting from the Hollywood star this year?
a) Anne Hathaway
b) Jennifer Aniston
c) Angelina Jolie
d) Judi Dench
38. Peaches Geldof got married in Las Vegas in August. What is the name of her rocker spouse?
a) Max Payne
b) Max Drummey
c) Max Bassist
d) Max Guitarist
39. Which of these artists has not released a single produced by Mark Ronson in 2008?
b) Kaiser Chiefs
c) Amy Winehouse
40. Who said "I'm going to have cute boobs until I'm 90. I'm going to have the best boobs in the nursing home!" after having a double mastectomy to treat breast cancer?
a) Christina Applegate
b) Sharon Osbourne
c) Kylie Minogue
41. What is the name of Jessica Alba's husband who she married in May?
a) Rich Warren
b) Cash Warren
c) Warren G
d) Rabbit Warren
42. Who accidentally revealed Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were expecting twins Vivienne Marcheline and Knox Leon at the premiere of 'Kung Fu Panda'?
a) Dustin Hoffman
b) Jack Black
c) Jackie Chan
d) Lucy Liu
43. What did Scarlett Johansson claim she was planning to wear before she married Ryan Reynolds in September?
a) A pearl earring
b) A scarlet gown
d) A beaver crown
44. Which Disney character provided the second name for Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz's son?
45. Which A-list star donned a fat suit and danced to Flo Rida's 'Low' in hit 2008 comic movie 'Tropic Thunder'?
a) Tom Cruise
b) Brad Pitt
c) Will Smith
d) Robert Downey Jr.
46. What did newlywed Ellen Degeneres say when California banned same-sex marriages?
a) I am saddened beyond belief
b) I fully support this vote
c) My wife Portia will be delighted
d) What is Proposition 8?
47. What type of cancer did Paul Newman die from?
48. What did Heather Mills throw over Sir Paul McCartney's lawyer during their bitter divorce court battle?
a) A glass of water
b) A bowl of soup
c) A pack of crisps
d) A fizzy drink
49. Kings of Leon scored their first UK number one with a single from their fifth album 'Only by the Night' - but what was the title of song?
a) Hair On Fire
b) Sex On Fire
c) Legs On Fire
d) Lips On Fire
50. Which legendary actor was blasted by environmental campaigners after a restaurant chain he co-owns was found to be selling endangered species of fish?
a) Jack Nicholson
b) Clint Eastwood
c) Robert De Niro
d) Al Pacino
51. John Cleese announced this year he is getting divorced for the third time. What did he say about marriage?
a) I think a marriage should be like a driving licence
b) I think a marriage should be like the Holy Grail
c) I think a marriage should be like a dog licence
d) I think a marriage should be like Fawlty Towers
52. A video of Britney Spears trapped in a lift wearing glasses and a hooded top was part of the show for which artist's 2008 world tour?
b) Christina Aguilera
d) Justin Timberlake
53. In which month did Charlton Heston die?
54. What did Jada Pinkett Smith reveal she calls her nitpicking husband Will Smith?
a) Captain Corelli
b) Captain Correction
c) Captain Jack Sparrow
d) Captain Birdseye
55. Who became the first British female solo singer to top the US Billboard Hot 100 Charts in over 20 years, in March?
a) Amy Winehouse
d) Leona Lewis
56. Which non-actor did Sylvester Stallone originally want to cast in the new 'Rambo' film so he could "chase him around the jungle"?
a) David Beckham
b) Simon Cowell
c) Paris Hilton
d) Jerry Springer
57. Which classic rock n' roll band released their first album in eight years - 'Black Ice' - to rave reviews in October?
c) Guns N' Roses
d) Spinal Tap
58. Which Glastonbury performer attacked a fan during their set?
b) Amy Winehouse
c) Verve frontman Richard Ashcroft
d) James Blunt
59. Which sporting event did Jennifer Lopez take part in shortly after giving birth to twins Max and Emme?
a) A mud race
b) A 100m running race
c) A football tournament
d) A triathlon
60. Evangeline Lilly fell ill after her house became infested with what?
61. How many MTV Video Music Awards did Britney Spears win for her song 'Piece of Me' at the US awards show in September?
62. What was the name of the paparazzi photographer Britney Spears allegedly made a sex tape with?
a) Jack the pap
b) Adnan Ghalib
c) Darren Lyons
d) Annie Leibovitz
63. What month did Madonna announce she was splitting from Guy Ritchie?
64. How old was Britney Spears' sister Jamie Lynn when she announced she was expecting her first child with boyfriend Casey Aldridge?
65. In which month was it revealed Patrick Swayze was suffering from pancreatic cancer?
66. Which Academy Award winning actress revealed she keeps her Oscar in the bathroom?
a) Rachel Weisz
b) Halle Berry
c) Jennifer Hudson
d) Dame Helen Mirren
67. The title of Kevin Smith's new film was cut to 'Zack and Miri' in an advertising campaign due to censors, but what is the full title?
a) 'Zack and Miri Go Bananas'
b) 'Zack and Miri Make a Porno'
c) 'Zack and Miri's Excellent Adventure'
d) 'Zack and Miri and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'
68. Which founding member of Pink Floyd died in September?
a) Roger Waters
b) Nick Mason
c) Syd Barrett
d) Rick Wright
69. What colour did Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale paint new son Zuma Nesta Rock's nursery?
70. Which grumpy northern English rock star said he was "not having hip-hop at Glastonbury" after learning of Jay-Z's inclusion on the bill?
a) Liam Gallagher
b) Noel Gallagher
c) Richard Ashcroft
71. What did Adam Sandler call his new daughter who was born in November?
72. Kendra Wilkinson announced her engagement to American football star Hank Baskett in November, but which ex-boyfriend has promised to give her away at her wedding?
a) Jack Nicholson
b) Hugh Hefner
c) Hugh Grant
d) The Hoff
73. Which pop star retired from touring with two shows named 'The Final Two' in August, only to headline a stadium concert in the United Arab Emirates in December?
a) George Michael
b) Cliff Richard
c) Robin Gibb
74. How much older was Mariah Carey than her husband Nick Cannon when she married him in April?
a) 10 years
b) 11 years
c) 12 years
d) 13 years
75. Which pair of Hollywood beauties shared a same-sex kiss in Woody Allen's 2008 film 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona'?
a) Penelope Cruz and Jessica Biel
b) Scarlett Johansson and Eva Mendes
c) Penelope Cruz and Cameron Diaz
d) Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz
76. Rod Stewart's ex-wife Rachel Hunter announced her engagement to athlete Jarret Stoll this summer. What sport does he play?
a) Ice hockey
c) Water polo
77. What did Harrison Ford do to raise awareness of deforestation?
a) Waxed his chest
b) Ate a cockroach
c) Ran a marathon
d) Performed an Irish jig
78. Which member of Take That became a father for the second time in November?
a) Gary Barlow
b) Jason Orange
c) Marc Owen
d) Howard Donald
79. Who did George Lucas say he wanted to replace Harrison Ford in the lead role in the next Indiana Jones film?
a) Seth Rogen
b) Shia LaBeouf
c) Zac Efron
d) Sean Connery
80. Which star of 'Sex And The City: The Movie' revealed she had secretly been fighting breast cancer?
a) Cynthia Nixon
b) Sarah Jessica Parker
c) Kim Cattrall
d) Kristin Davis
81. What was the full title of Coldplay's fourth album, released in June?
a) 'Viva La Vida or God and all his Friends'
b) 'Viva La Vida or Death and all his Enemies'
c) 'Viva La Vida or Bob and all his Friends'
d) 'Viva La Vida or Death and all his Friends'
82. David Hasselhoff's divorce from Pamela Bach was finalised this year. What did Pamela brand David soon after?
a) A fantastic lover
b) A Knight Rider
c) A falling-down drunk
d) A hunk
83. What did Simon Pegg do when he saw preview footage of the new 'Star Trek' movie?
a) Punched the air and shouted "Booya!"
b) Did a handstand
c) Texted William Shatner
84. Which sport did Matthew McConaughey say his son with Camila Alves was going to be able to do before he could walk?
85. Why did Steven Tyler go to rehab this year?
a) Sex addiction
b) Drug and alcohol addiction
c) To recover from foot surgery
d) To seek treatment for stress
86. What did Oscar-winning director Anthony Minghella die from?
b) He was killed in a car crash
d) A brain haemorrhage
87. Who said in 2008: "I didn't go to Cirque Lodge treatment facility for alcohol abuse or drug abuse, I went there for depression. I was struggling."
a) Britney Spears
b) Kirsten Dunst
c) Lindsay Lohan
d) Mary-Kate Olsen
88. What unusual gift did Jessica Alba choose to give guests at her baby shower, ahead of the birth of daughter Honor Marie in June?
a) A comb
b) A leather bracelet
c) A framed photograph of Jessica and husband Cash Warren
d) A notebook in which to write down possible baby names
89. What illness was Amy Winehouse rumoured to have this year?
b) Chicken pox
90. The opening lines to Pink's UK number one single 'So What' lament the loss of what from her life?
a) Her husband
b) Her pet dog
c) Her sister
d) Her favourite T-shirt
91. Which country singer did Jerry O'Connell joke he and Rebecca Romijin would be naming one of their babies after?
a) Jessica Simpson
b) Tammy Wynette
c) Dolly Parton
d) Johnny Cash
92. Who was crowned 'Best Ever Act' at the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards?
b) Christina Aguilera
c) Rick Astley
d) Green Day
93. What was Kelsey Grammer doing when he suffered a heart attack in May?
b) Cleaning his car
c) Shouting at a waiter in a restaurant
d) Paddle boarding
94. What does Nicole Kidman credit for helping her conceive daughter Sunday Rose while she was filming 'Australia'?
a) An Aboriginal witch doctor
b) Her co-star Hugh Jackman's daily meditations
c) The local waterfalls
d) Eating the local honey every day
95. Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher was attacked onstage by an over-excited fan in Toronto, Canada, during his band's 2008 world tour, but what injury did he sustain?
a) Broken arm
b) Broken ribs
c) Cracked skull
d) Sprained wrist
96. Which British actress caused outrage when she started dating married 'Brothers and Sisters' actor Balthazar Getty?
a) Sienna Miller
b) Keira Knightley
c) Gemma Arteton
d) Emily Blunt
97. Which hunky actor was named People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive in 2008?
a) Brad Pitt
b) George Clooney
c) Matt Damon
d) Hugh Jackman
98. In what city did Halle Berry give birth to daughter Nahla Ariela Aubry in March?
b) Los Angeles
d) New York
99. Which member of the Jackson family refused to be part of a Jackson 5 reunion?
a) Jermaine Jackson
b) Randy Jackson
c) Michael Jackson
d) Tito Jackson
100. What did George Michael say in his apology to fans after he was arrested for possession of crack-cocaine and cannabis new a London public toilet in September?
a) "I want to apologize to my fans for screwing up again, and to promise them I'll sort myself out. And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them."
b) "The drugs weren't mine."
c) "I'm sorry, I'm just fascinated by toilets."
d) "I'm sorry, that Wham! split up."
Q1 C Q2 A Q3 A Q4 C Q5 D
A Q7 D Q8 A Q9 B Q10 B
Q11 A Q12 B Q13 A Q14 C Q15 B
Q16 B Q17 C Q18 B Q19 D Q20 D
Q21 B Q22 C Q23 C Q24 B Q25 B Q26 D
Q27 B Q28 C Q29 B Q30 B
Q31 D Q32 B Q33 A Q34 B Q35 D
Q36 B Q37 A Q38 B Q39 C Q40 A
Q41 B Q42 B Q43 D Q44 C Q45 A
Q46 A Q47 A Q48 A Q49 B Q50 C
Q51 C Q52 C Q53 A Q54 B Q55 D
Q56 A Q57 A Q58 B Q59 D Q60 D
Q61 C Q62 B Q63 C Q64 B Q65 B
Q66 A Q67 B Q68 D Q69 D Q70 B
Q71 A Q72 B Q73 A Q74 B Q75 D
Q76 A Q77 A Q78 C Q79 B Q80 A
Q81 D Q82 C Q83 D Q84 A Q85 C
Q86 D Q87 B Q88 B Q89 C Q90 A
Q91 C Q92 C Q93 D Q94 C Q95 B
Q96 A Q97 D Q98 B Q99 C Q100 A
How did you do?76 - 100: Madonna. You truly are the king or queen of celebrity gossip. You know your Britney from your Whitney, and your Zuma from your Bronx. Whether it's a baby being born, a proposal being accepted or a celebrity being shipped to rehab, you always have the lowdown on who is hot and who's not in Hollywood. Only the most Z-list of celebrities drop off your radar, and who cares about them anyway?
51 - 75: Victoria Beckham. Well done, you're always up with the latest happenings in the land of celebrity. You try hard and strive to be the best, but let's be honest - you're not quite there yet. You know who's dating who and why, but you don't live and breathe showbiz gossip. A bit like Jennifer 'I'm lucky in love' Aniston, we're just not buying it. Still, with a little more work and bit more dedication next year you might just qualify to the A-list.
26 - 50: Hey Pete Wentz. You're trying, but it's still not enough. You're interest in the lives of the stars is much like Sienna Miller's interest in the media - it's fine when she's got a film out, not so good the rest of the time. Some hard work is going to be needed if you want to catapult to the A-list next year.
0 - 25: You are Tara Reid. It's no surprise you've done so badly, you've clearly been cocooned in a fog all year. The highs and lows of celebrity life have completely passed you by - there's more chance of Britney singing live, Amy getting clean or Jacko balancing his cheque book than there is of you recognising an A-lister. Spend at least an hour a day reading up on celebrity gossip, or forever be doomed to a life without stardom.
Labels: Cameron Diaz, Christina Aguilera, Daniel Day-Lewis, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Eminem, Felicity Huffman, Helen Mirren, Jordan Bratman, Maricia Cross, Max Liron, Paul McCartney, Penelope Cruz, Quiz, Teri Hatcher