Actress Michelle Williams to break-up Heath Ledger

Michelle Williams & Heath LedgerActress Michelle Williams has spoken of her break-up with Heath Ledger and life as a single mother in an interview she gave before the Australian actor's death in January.

Williams
, 27, said she is coming to terms with her new life after splitting from Ledger last September in an interview with UK magazine Wonderland, published last week.

"Obviously so much has changed for me in the last few months that I don't really have an idea of what my life is going to be,'' Williams told the magazine.

"I thought I knew certain things and it turned out that I didn't, so I don't really try and anticipate so much anymore. I'm not making any bets on the future.''

Williams and Ledger met on the set of the movie Brokeback Mountain in 2004 and were engaged before their break-up late last year.

Williams said she has had to readjust to life on her own.

"There's been a lot going on in my personal life and part of me is ... I don't know. I shouldn't talk about it but it's like I'm re-emerging back into the world or something,'' she said.

The former Dawson's Creek star said one positive thing about her separation from Ledger was that she now enjoys less attention from the paparazzi.

"I have to say it's suddenly got a lot easier, like, in the last couple of months,'' she said.

"When you're in a relationship with somebody who is also a public personality then it doubles the attention from the media.

"When you minus that equation it's just less enticing. That's been a real bonus. It's the plus side of the break-up for me.''

Williams returned to New York this week after farewelling Ledger at a funeral in Perth last weekend.

Ledger was found dead in his Manhattan apartment on January 22.

The New York Medical Examiner's Office ruled Ledger died from an accidental overdose of prescription medications.

Williams has resumed work on the movie Mammoth, which she had been filming in Sweden went she learnt of Ledger's death on January 22.

The single mother said she struggles to balance her work with looking after two-year-old Matilda, her daughter with Ledger.

"It's not easy,'' she said.

Williams said while working six days a week last year filming Incendiary with Ewan McGregor in London she made a special effort to ensure she and Matilda spent quality time together.

"My only days off were Sundays and as much as I'd want to pass out, I'd try to take her out somewhere fun so she didn't associate me with boredom,'' Williams said.

Labels: ,

Enter your email address:

Feed Burner

Feed it!