Kelly Rowland's mature record

Kelly RowlandKelly Rowland says making her record 'Ms. Kelly' helped her "grow up".

The former Destiny's Child singer released her first LP, 'Simply Deep', in 2002, but was able to reveal her more mature side with the second record.

She said: "Writing and recording the album has been a learning process, but I needed to prove something to myself - that I can make great music and be my own woman. I think most of us hold ourselves back and I have to admit that on my first record I was scared. Making 'Ms. Kelly' made me grow up."

Despite being part of one of the most successful girl group's of all time, 26-year-old Kelly insists she has always made sure she stays grounded.

She said: "It's really important to remember where you come from. If I start saying where I've been and who I have met, my friends and family tell me to get real - fast!"

Labels:

Enter your email address:

Feed Burner

Feed it!