Hugh Laurie's Teenage Suicide Pact

Hugh Laurie's Teenage Suicide PactEnglish actor Hugh Laurie already survived nearly a decade longer than he expected as a teen - after making a pact with his friends to take their lives before turning 40.

The House star admits he found the age unappealing, and vowed to take his last breath before growing too old.

I think I suffered from the arrogance of youth. When I was 15, I and a group of school friends took a sort of pledge that we wouldn't live beyond 40. We decided we'd kill ourselves.

Laurie tells Playboy magazine, "I think I suffered from the arrogance of youth. When I was 15, I and a group of school friends took a sort of pledge that we wouldn't live beyond 40. We decided we'd kill ourselves."

And the Golden Globe winner admits some of his pals were even more extreme, but insists he has abandoned his teen angst.

He adds, "In fact, there were some hard-core members of the group - I wasn't one of them - who only wanted to make it to 30.

"The 'I hope I die before I get old' sort of thing. Talk about arrogance. The arrogance of youth, it trumps all."

Labels:

Enter your email address:

Feed Burner

Feed it!