Christina Ricci can't see herself in mirror

Christina Ricci can't see herself in mirrorHollywood actress Christina Ricci doesn't like to look at herself in a mirror because of the body issues she suffered as a younger actress.

The "Sleepy Hollow" star, who battled eating disorder anorexia after she was catapulted to fame, couldn't stand seeing herself in a mirror because she had such low self-esteem about her looks and figure, reports celebrifi.com.

"For years, I hated myself. I covered the mirrors in my house. I literally couldn't have a mirror in my room," said Ricci, who shot to fame when she was just 10 after starring in "Mermaids" alongside Cher, Winona Ryder and Bob Hoskins.

Even though she has got over her body issues, 30-year-old Ricci still doesn't like to see her reflection in a mirror.

"I still can't sit in a restaurant or someplace where I can catch my reflection. I get so paranoid," she said.

One role that helped her deal with her body hang-ups was her part in 2007 film "Black Snake Moan" - in which she starred opposite Samuel L. Jackson and had to appear for most of the movie in only her underwear.

"For that, I needed to lose any self-consciousness because I feel sometimes you can see that in a nude scene," she said.

Labels: ,

Enter your email address:

Feed Burner

Feed it!