Carey Mulligan was told to get Botox at 25

Carey Mulligan was told to get Botox at 25Carey Mulligan has revealed that a Los Angeles dermatologist had told her to get Botox at the age of 25."I said, I have some lines here under my eye and they're annoying, what can you do? He looked at my face and said, We'll just drop some Botox in here and here",” the Telegraph quoted her as saying.

"I said, "What the ----? I'm only 25, are you joking? So I can't move my face? Isn't that, well, the antithesis of what I'm trying to do as an actress? Only in LA would someone try and give you Botox when you're 25 years old," she said.

The star of ‘An Education’ has won plaudits for her quirky style but claims to feel "intensely uncomfortable" on the red carpet
. "I've never felt like a sexy person. I've always felt like a sensible person. I've always felt absurd wearing anything revealing," she told Elle magazine.

The actress also confided that she loathes her much-copied gamine hairstyle. "I hate my hair. After an education, I had a small part in Michael Mann's film Public Enemies and he wanted me to dye it white blonde, and it wrecked my hair. Literally, ruined it. It was falling apart, fried. So I had to cut it off. I cried," she said.

Although tipped to land a second Oscar nomination for Never Let Me Go, Mulligan admitted to disappointment at missing out on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, the forthcoming Stieg Larsson adaptation. "I auditioned for it but I didn't get the part," she said, adding that watching another actress play the part would be "agony".

Labels:

Enter your email address:

Feed Burner

Feed it!